Ernest Holzberg & Associates Blog

New York City Personal Injury Lawyers

Ernest Holzberg & Associates FAQ

New York City Personal Injury Lawyers

I was the victim of a "hit and run" driver or a driver who has no insurance. How can I protect myself against uninsured drivers?

The best protection is to carry the maximum amount of uninsured motorist insurance. This lets you collect money from your own insurance company in the event you’re in an accident with an uninsured or hit-and-run driver. You should also carry under-insured motorist insurance. This pays you benefits if the other driver does not have enough insurance to pay for all your injuries and losses. Even if you don’t own a car in New York State , you may be able to make a claim with MVAIC, a corporation set up to protect hit and run victims. There are strict time limits to make your claim, so please call us right away.


Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>